Position at Creative Assembly
This is a truly unique opportunity for an experienced Product Designer to join Creative Assembly as part of a hugely talented and world-class development team in an innovative, professional, and dynamic environment. This role is based at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
As a Product Designer joining Live Services, you will be working in a close-knit and flexible team, designing our backend operational tools as well as improving CA Player Account related products. You will work closely with product team and UI developers and will be responsible for designing and prototyping user interface and behaviour.
The successful candidate for this role will be an excellent communicator and be comfortable and confident working with developers across the studio to understand their requirements and helping to establish good design & UX processes in a growing team. A passion for professional development and a commitment to teamwork is key for this position.
As a Product Designer, you will play a key role in defining core aspects of our online games service. This will include web sites, game launchers, and game tools.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Essential
- Work closely with product managers and developers to define the roadmap and backlog
- Run and operate the design function within Product and interact with and learn from all aspects of the business
- Plan, conduct, and document user sessions, surveys, and experiments
- Develop a deep understanding of user needs. Share insights with your team. Build empathy for users across the LS organisation
- Run workshops to discover and refine effective solutions
- Ideate and prototype quickly to understand the viability of ideas and support product strategy
- Gather data via design workshops, user interviews, competitor analysis, and other techniques as you see fit to design prototypes and then work with development teams to see the vision implemented. You will also work with our User Research team to coordinate tests and incorporate feedback
- Produce compelling solutions and work alongside developers and QAs to ship your designs into production
- Work with the wider Creative Assembly team, particularly with the brand, game, and web teams
- Proactively address design issues and risks that could impede project delivery.
- Experience in Design and User experience, for example processes, user interviews, persona creation, prototyping
- Understand how design fits in an Agile environment and can work closely with product managers, developers, and QA
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of wireframe tools
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Fluency in spoken and written English
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
- Prior experience in designing admin panels and dashboard (desirable)
- Familiarity with Games and Game UX
- Experience with lean UX and agile processes
- Knowledge of best practices for accessibility
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.