Wizards Of The Coast is looking to hire a Product QA Engineer at their Renton, WA, USA location. Job contains the tags Unity, Programmer and Test.
For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in.
The Product Quality Assurance Engineer ensures the quality, integrity, and consistency of complex printed card and game products. They ensure Wizards products comply with global requirements for product safety; they also define, plan, and implement quality and reliability requirements for all products. This person also supports the implementation of Hasbro policies for IP Security and Corporate Social Responsibility in Wizards’ supply chain.
What You'll Do
- Write & implement quality plans and resolve challenges for complex products and projects
- Manage risks and lead quality improvement initiatives
- Deploy product quality, safety, and reliability requirements internally and across our global supply chain
- Partner with suppliers and multi-functional teams throughout product development
- Review and approve samples, prototypes, and finished products
- Review and inspect product samples and prototypes
- Lead quality audits of suppliers; occasional travel is required
- Advise designers and suppliers on the application of Hasbro Safety and Reliability Specifications
- Review and authorize product labeling for regulatory compliance
- Stay familiar with current industry standards and global regulations
- Research and keep up with new and emerging print, materials, and packaging technologies, and qualify new materials and suppliers
- Analyze and report on customer complaints and product defects
What You Bring
- 5 yrs experience in Quality Engineering and/or Manufacturing Engineering of printed products
- 3 yrs experience meeting US and global consumer product safety requirements
- BS or equivalent experience in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, or a related area
- A successful track record in the design and manufacture of printed products and packaging
- Ability to use quality tools such as FMEA, root cause analysis, ANOVA, Design of Experiments, etc.
- Experience in supplier selection and qualification
- Certifications are a plus, for example, ASQ Lean/Six Sigma, Quality Auditor, and/or Quality Engineer
- Deep knowledge of print production and technologies including web, offset, and digital printing, CIE L*a*b* color management, inks and coatings, paper card stocks and laminates
- Application of global industry standards and regulations such as ASTM, ISO, and EN 71-3 in product development and manufacturing
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Job discovered on 3/11/2020