The Release Manager will play a key role in laying the groundwork for preparing to launch and support multiple AAA online games across next-generation console platforms. This individual will also work with multiple cross functional teams to support ongoing live operations for our current stable of games on PC/web.
Flexible, Remote and Work From Home options are available for this position until approximately April 2022. Afterwards we expect all employee's to join us at our new offices in Southern California where a hybrid work schedule will be observed.
- Creates/validates master schedules for worldwide releases.
- Tracks asset delivery deadlines to ensure content is released on schedule.
- Evaluates and develops new processes for distribution and worldwide releases of projects.
- Develops frameworks for improved department coordination and communication.
- Knowledgeable with 1st party submission procedures.
- Maintains open, professional communication with all essential parties (QA, Marketing, Localization, etc.).
- Performs special projects as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generate and communicate schedule and quality parameters with internal and external service teams.
- Provide support for our BD teams in US/ EU/ JP to provide gameplay feedback on titles being released by our Publishing and Distribution teams.
- Coordinate with licensors on required specifications and communicate accordingly.
- Coordinate with various departments for finance and legal requirements.
- Create and maintain product release schedules.
- Coordinate with teams in the US, Europe, and Japan on package design, product manual creation, PR, and other product release efforts.
- Analyze project risks and define mitigation efforts to resolve.
- Track asset delivery deadlines to ensure content is released on schedule.
- Compile and Review submission documentation (code and metadata).
- Set up and manage digital products on 1st party sites for dev and test.
- Execute 1st party code and metadata submissions.
- Submit 1st party product proposals.
- 1st party communication (Waiver requests, schedule changes, slot booking).
- 1st party negotiations/escalations.
- Schedule and execute deployment of boxed and digital products.
- Generate and manage game IDs for development.
- Register and manage online services/game features on 1st party sites for dev/test.
- Coordinate with Channel and Sales teams to distribute digital voucher codes and manage distribution to necessary internal and external parties.
- Create and update team documentation as needed.
- Submissions training.
- Maintain project lifecycle management including setup and archive for our products
- Create submissions schedule report for 1st party.
- Execute game concept submissions.
- Project post mortems.
- Submission Processes review.
- Create revenue recognition packet and route for approval.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to work overtime when necessary.
- Maintain an understanding of all game genres and possess an intuitive understanding of what impacts the end user experience.
- Keep current with new and emerging game software technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent.
- Minimum one year QA testing experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of QA processes.
- One completed project, per 1st party, in the role of Lead Tester.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, Tekken®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®. More information about the company and its products can be found at www.bandainamcoent.com.