Playground Games is looking to hire a Scriptwriter at their Warwickshire, UK location. Job contains the tags AAA, Unity and Writer.
Playground Games is looking for a Scriptwriter to join our Fable team.
As part of the writing team, you’ll work closely with the Lead Writer and Principal Scriptwriter to develop the game’s story and script. You’ll be a strong collaborator who writes great dialogue, memorable characters, and compelling storylines for video games.
- Craft compelling storylines, memorable characters, and rich lore to support the project vision.
- Create and maintain character bios, environment guides, cinematic and in-game scripts, casting briefs, and other narrative documentation.
- Prepare scripts for voice recording and attend recording sessions as required.
- Collaborate with designers to provide narrative support for design elements.
- Provide insightful, constructive feedback to other writers.
- A genuine passion for games or interactive storytelling.
- A demonstrable track record of quality as a writer.
- Several years of professional experience writing creatively for games, TV, film, theatre, comics, or related media.
- Exceptional story and character development skills.
- A flair for writing characterful, witty dialogue.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A natural collaborator who’s comfortable working in cross-discipline teams.
- Willingness to receive and provide insightful, constructive feedback.
- AAA games experience preferred but not required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting games studios, using cutting edge technology to create world class games, within a strong, collaborative team.
Job discovered on 5/4/2021