At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar is on the lookout for talented Senior Analyst who possess a passion for consumer research with a particular interest in video games. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Manhattan.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Analytics team provide insights and actionable results to a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization in support of their decision making.
- We collaborate as a global team to develop cutting-edge data products, data models, reports, analyses, and machine learning applications.
- The Game Analytics vertical is heavily focused on understanding our players and using data to improve our games.
- Projects and tasks have direct influence on the player experience.
- Collaborate with the User Experience team on player research studies for Rockstar’s games and core products.
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative data to provide a holistic view of the player experience through visual, creative and story-driven reports, ensuring the consistent delivery of high quality deliverables.
- Understand the behaviors, attitudes, motivations, and frustrations of our players in order to drive retention and long-term engagement.
- Create in-depth player profile reports including segmentation distribution, key motivations, experiences enjoyed most, competitive games played, interests and hobbies, key frustrations, and relevant behavioral data.
- Support on all steps of a project including: research design, questionnaire, audience selection, data availability and collection, data analysis, report writing and presentation.
- Leverage game telemetry data to identify intent and causality of a specific player experience with the potential to drive more in-depth analysis and user research project. Help set the hypothesis and the scope for the project.
- 5+ years in Player Research, Consumer Research or similar role in the video game, entertainment, marketing, or technology fields required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field.
- Passion for Rockstar Games and our titles.
- Extensive knowledge of data analysis techniques, languages, software, and systems (R, Python, Tableau) required.
- Extensive knowledge in SQL (or a SQL-like language) required.
- Ability to develop and maintain good relations and communicate with people at all hierarchical levels.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to reconcile technical and business perspectives.
- Autonomy and entrepreneurship.
- Strong mentoring abilities.
- Strong team spirit.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with Hadoop and Snowflake, an asset.
- Graduate degree (MBA, MSc or Master’s, PHD), an asset.
- Game industry experience strongly desired.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.