Position at Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly is looking for a C++ software engineer to join our talented engineering team in an innovative, professional, and dynamic environment, based both virtually and at our studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
In this exciting role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the ongoing development of an automated software testing infrastructure and through that assure the correct operation of our online platform game library that offers features to a wide array of CA’s games on a variety of storefronts.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role is hybrid / in-studio and has an expectation of some days each month in our Horsham studio. This role cannot offer fully remote working. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
You will be key in developing, maintaining, and extending the ability to automatically test the feature set of the client-side SDK used by CA’s games. These tests run regularly throughout the day and night to tirelessly ensure the quality of our products.
Example feature areas the tests cover (not an exhaustive list):Example feature areas the tests cover (not an exhaustive list):
- Accounts management
- Multiplayer sessions and communications
- Friends management
- User profile and game meta-data management
- Cloud saves
- In-game store
- Chat and voice
- DLC availability
- All on multiple platforms
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
Knowledge, Skill and ExperienceEssential
- Be a proactive member of the team and own the automation pipeline
- Play a key role in developing the test framework, automating test scenarios, and maintaining the test infrastructure
- Identify and implement automation approaches as required.
- Help accelerate all aspects of product development, releases, CI/CD, and tooling
- Work closely with the platform developers to help ensure the game teams can deliver their games on time with the services required
- Have a strong focus on quality and risk assessment throughout the delivery cycle
- Strong programming skills (C/C++)
- Familiarity with threading and async models
- Awareness of software engineering best practices
- Passionate about producing quality products
- System and critical thinking mindset
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
About Creative Assembly
- Previous test automation experience
- Experience with C++ test frameworks such as Catch2 or similar
- Experience of networking methodologies
- Experience in gaming industry
- Experience of Agile practices
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.