Nintendo Technology Development
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold billions of video games and hundreds of millions of hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™, and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo Technology Development, based in Redmond, Washington, creates future hardware/software technology and researches North American-based technologies.
Nintendo is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Executes on projects involving multiple platforms, customers, and engineers
- Writes correct and clean code to defined specifications and is able to clearly defend technical decisions
- Effectively debugs complex problems
- Makes pragmatic design decisions identifying risks, trade-offs, and alternatives
- Implements functional requirements, use-case scenarios, and architecture of assigned development tasks
- Identifies problems with requirements and helps course-correct around these issues
- Analyzes processes and technologies for short-comings and makes recommendations for improvement
- Collaborates with peer groups at Nintendo Co., Ltd. (NCL) and its subsidiaries
- Up to 10% travel; domestic and international