Wizards of the Coast connects people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you an experienced tabletop RPG designer with the demonstrated ability to lead a major RPG product from inception through publication?
We are seeking a Senior Game Designer to work with our design team to conceptualize and build Dungeons & Dragons products. In this role, you’ll help craft the future of D&D by designing and writing meaningful portions of future products, mentoring junior designers, and assisting in commissioning and managing freelance writers. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, can design and write innovative and high-quality RPG material, and hit deadlines, this role is for you. We’re looking for passion and integrity in equal measure.
What you’ll do:
- Design substantial portions of D&D products and help generate new product concepts
- Provide mentorship and feedback to less experienced designers
- Collaborate with producers, project leads, and graphic designers to build project schedules
- Work with art directors to write art orders for D&D products
- Collaborate with editors, graphic designers, and producers to guide products through the entire production process
- Break down large design projects and assign tasks for junior designers
- Manage the work of freelance designers to ensure consistency and quality
- Incorporate playtest feedback into every product
- Represent Wizards of the Coast and D&D at events and in interviews
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in the liberal arts, or equivalent professional experience
- 6+ years designing RPG products with significant credits on products from known publishers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong familiarity with Dungeons & Dragons and proficiency in the fifth edition rules
- A track record of developing innovative and balanced game mechanics
- Strong long-form writing skills that require no more than a light editing touch
- Detailed understanding of the production process and how books are assembled and published
- Experience collaborating with and guiding both in-house and external designers
- Promotional/marketing experience a plus
- An eye for detail and dedication to excellence
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.