Job Title: Senior Gameplay Engineer
uGen seeks an experienced Gameplay Engineer with a passion for developing fun content.
uGen is working on a unique mobile game for teens and tweens, translating their real-world play into the digital world. It is creation focused, with fun gameplay and strong social aspects.
Please see our game trailer:
We’re a veteran game development team. We empower every member of the team to make contributions across all disciplines. We use a lean startup approach, focusing on fast iteration while maintaining a fun working environment. If this sounds interesting to you, please check out the details below.
• Develop gameplay features and mechanics in cooperation with designers and artists, fill in the blanks in the gameplay design.
• Collaborate with platform engineers on full-stack features
• Optimize code and user experience to fit device constraints and player expectations
• Identify, diagnose, and fix bugs
• Contribute to the design and implementation of game architecture and gameplay systems
• Experience shipping games as a generalist or gameplay engineer
• Strong knowledge of C# (preferred), C++, Java, or other similar languages
• Excellent communication skills. Must be able to work with designers, artists, QA, server engineers and colleagues in different time zones.
• Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
• Ability to prioritize tasks as requirements change
• Experience with Unity
• Experience with native iOS or Android plugin development
• Expertise in one or more of the following: graphics, physics, peer-to-peer networking, AI
• Familiarity with modern design patterns and software development methodologies
• Experience with Scrum, Kanban, or other agile development
• Experience coming up to speed, adding new features, and refactoring in a large code base
• Redmond, WA: WFH (due to Covid19). Remote is acceptable.
uGen Inc is looking to hire a Senior Gameplay Engineer at their Seattle, WA location. Job contains the tags Remote, Senior, C#, C++, Programmer, Unity and Unreal.
Job discovered on 9/10/2020