We’re looking for an extraordinarily talented Senior Gameplay Engineer for current and future projects at our growing studio!
Join our team and help develop enemy behaviors, NPC interactions, character combat and traversal controls, big boss encounters and so much more! These core moment-to-moment experiences are the foundation of our games, and you’ll be pivotal in helping build incredible worlds with our award-winning team.
- Design, develop and maintain gameplay systems and features for the Unreal Engine primarily written in C++
- Test, own, operate and support the system and features you develop, including documentation
- Work closely with designers, art and other members of the team for further feature development and refinement while provide your technical expertise to inform decisions
Your Qualifications + Skills
- 5+ years of experience in games development
- Expert with and extensively knowledge of C/C++ programming languages
- Expert knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 functions, Blueprint system and code-base
- Excellent 3d math skills
- Visual Studio experience
- Strong communication skills while being self-directed
- Ability to write reliable, optimized, parsable code
- Ability to express and rapidly prototype gameplay ideas
- Capable of giving and receiving constructive feedback on designs. Strong communication skills are vital, as we’re incredibly open and straightforward when it comes to our internal conversations about gameplay
- Ability to creatively overcome complex gameplay and systems problems with innovative solutions
- Capable of working independently, keeping on-task and motivated
- Excited and able to work with an agile and flexible team and participate in major decisions
- Familiarity with Maya is a plus
- Longer-term, Post-Pandemic: Ideally located in Los Angeles, or willing to relocate
Heart Machine Offers*
- Competitive pay through bonus structures
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time with flexibility in timing
- Paid parental leave
- Flexibility in work location(s)
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Senior Gameplay Engineer".
Please include specific skills you would bring to a new project, as well as any links to current and/or past projects.
We are supportive of a diverse workforce and strive for inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, criminal history, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
*Benefits and perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Heart Machine and country in which you work.
Heart Machine is looking to hire a Senior Gameplay engineer at their Los Angeles, CA location. Job contains the tags Remote, Senior, Lead, Unreal, C++, AI, Character, Programmer and Designer.
Job discovered on 3/6/2021