Bandai Namco Entertainment America is looking for a passionate and experienced leader within the industry. The Senior Localization Manager will lead a group of localization professionals and work with Bandai Namco Entertainment groups around the world to develop and publish highly successful video game titles. We are looking for a video game and localization industry veteran to join us help bring the fun to everyone! In this role, you will lead, motivate, and advise to continue to push the envelope of localization. You will work with internal and external stakeholders globally to ensure all aspects of localization, including but not limited to translation, LQA, voice-over, technical issues, tools, fonts, budgets, scheduling and more are on time and on budget.
Flexible, Remote and Work From Home options are available for this position until approximately April 2022. Afterwards we expect all employee's to join us at our new offices in Southern California where a hybrid work schedule will be observed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and motivate your team, drive passion within the industry, and have fun
- Lead the full localization process of Bandai Namco products, with an emphasis on Japanese to English and English to Brazilian Portuguese and Latin American Spanish
- Foster positive relationships within the industry, build strong and lasting partnerships
- Engage with your team of Localization Project Managers who will coordinate with external partners and global internal teams to successfully localize products
- Work closely with stakeholders to define western requirements and ensure products are appropriate for local audiences
- Lead a small but growing team of localization copywriters focused on editing content from East to West
- Manage resources on assigned projects, including staff, scheduling, contracts, and budgets - internally and externally
- Drive positive change, adopt industry best practices, guide localization automation and tool requirements within the company
- Work with licensors to ensure products meet a high level of standards and consistency
- Create and manage glossary databases with the team, developers, and licensors
- Negotiate and monitor contracts for external vendors
- Keep the tribal knowledge alive - update and maintain team documentation
- Coach, set expectations, and evaluate performance of staff on ongoing basis
- 5+ years of experience leading teams from product conception to release
- 5+ years equivalent experience in computer entertainment industry; and/or
- 5+ years of experience working in the localization industry
- Direct experience in a leadership role of a successful video game launch on console or PC
- Direct experience supervising staff on current game console technology from start to publishing of product
- Passion for the video game localization space
- Previous experience leading a team to product completion
- Excellent English communication – verbal and written
- Experience with localization automation and CAT tools
- Understanding of Japanese culture and global video game market
- Voice over studio management experience
- Extensive knowledge of major consumer-based console systems (Xbox, PlayStation, etc)
- Basic knowledge of PC hardware and software applications
- Significant expertise in effectively leading groups of diverse people, functions, and projects that have resulted in team success
- Willingness to travel
- Japanese fluency
- Experience working from the perspective of a video game publisher
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, TEKKEN®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®. More information about the company and its products can be found at www.bandainamcoent.com or www.facebook.com/BandaiNamcoUS.