Bandai Namco is looking for a Financial Planning Manager with good core BA skill sets and an appreciation of challenges posed from across the project life-cycle. Examples include potential pain points, root cause analysis, TOMs, AS-IS, TO-BE etc. They should have an inquisitive nature and will be a self-starter who is able to act independently and have strong data analysis experience. Lean/Six Sigma methodology would be an asset, though this is not a prerequisite. You will be able to shape the business units of tomorrow, working alongside business leaders to define their automation strategy and vision.
Flexible, Remote and Work From Home options are available for this position until approximately April 2022. Afterwards we expect all employee's to join us at our new offices in Irvine, California where a hybrid work schedule will be observed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Box & Digital FY Sales Forecasts for New & Catalog Video Game Products/Titles
- Manage top line forecast process and deliver gross revenue forecasts to company leadership.
- Maintain monthly unit and revenue forecasts & calculations on the following bases: non-deferred, deferred, and deferred+amortized.
- Verify top-line factors such as unit pricing changes, deferred rev-rec revenues, and special discounts rates (e.g.: Black Friday BERs & Co-op)
- Prepare FY Sales Forecasts monthly and present monthly to company leadership
- Monitor BNEA performance versus Business Plan on a pre- & post-amortized basis
- Manage BNEA Forecast Pipeline in the new SAP/RevSym forecasting tool
- Forecast sales & revenues for future FY titles to help formulate the future BPs (3-year Business Plan) for the company; review forecast assumptions with marketing, IP Strategy, Sales teams and management
- Perform and present ad-hoc analyses as needed
- Box & Digital Pre-Orders
- Update and deliver weekly "BNEA Pre-Order Report"
- Maintain a database of historical pre-order data and useable trends, by storefront, title, and SKU
- Identify and report forecasts & insights during a title's pre-order period
- Use pre-order findings to update BNEA FY Forecasts.
- Business Development Partnership
- Perform forecast of new business opportunities
- Build prospective Profit & Loss statement and models to support investment; review risk exposure from the financial perspective and make recommendations
- Sync-up regularly with BNEE (Bandai sister company in Europe) forecasting team to align of forecast assumptions, inputs, & methodologies
- Prepare materials for internal (publishing committee) and external (developer/partner) meetings supporting forecast assumptions
- Participate in the “Product Evaluation Group” meetings
- Support of IP Strategy, Marketing, Sales, & Other Teams
- Forecast future and on-going titles/projects for IP Strategy negotiation and collaboration with Japan development teams
- Create and maintain “One Sheet” sales tool for upcoming titles for sales team line-up meetings with retail buyers
- Provide quarterly forecasts to BNEE finance for BNEE-led projects actively being published by BNEA
- Participate in digital sales team’s effort to improve price promos, events, & lifecycle management
- Market Research & Market Data Resources
- Utilize data portals & services to improve company decision-making and business activities
- Research, review, & recommend market research & data providers
- Apply market research & data to improving the accuracy of forecasts
- Minimum 1-3 years experience as a Business Analyst or Process Owner in Finance, HR, Customer Services or similar services environment.
• Great verbal and written communication skills
• Strong process minded thinking, problem solver/ solution oriented
• Can understand a business problem, define a process and validate potential benefits (Cost Benefit Analysis), track benefits realised and report performance.
• Strong facilitator of elicitation and process workshops
• Prepared to take a “hands on” approach and work closely with users to understand their issues and requirements
• Able to work rapidly with little supervision and pick up new or unfamiliar concepts quickly
• Able to work independently or as part of a wider Business Analysis team on projects
• Strong organizational skills
• Demonstrable track record of problem-solving.
• Confidently and competently deal with challenging stakeholders and resilient under pressure
- Excel: knowledge of most features related to data analysis
- Tableau: ability to build and use dashboards, and to build connections to databases
- PowerPoint: creating data, visuals, and insights and presenting them in a concise and effective manner
- Data/Vendor portals
- BIOne Smartflow
- RevSym (site testing in progress)
- NPD EEDAR GamePulse
- NPD DecisionKey
- NewZoo Platform
- PlayStation Partners
- Microsoft Dev Center
- Nintendo Dev Portal
- Amazon Vendor Central
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, Tekken®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®. More information about the company and its products can be found at www.bandainamcoent.com.
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. is providing the following notice regarding the Personal Information we collect and use in the context of this job application: https://www.bandainamcoent.com/legal/bnea-privacy-ccpanotice