Copywriters at Riot give a distinct voice to creative campaigns, partnering with Creative Leads, Video Producers, Brand Managers, Game Designers, and more to create copy that captures attention, drives action, and reinforces player passion. Copywriters juggle the holy trifecta of creativity, clarity, and brevity—and know when to pull the levers for each.
As the Senior Manager, Marketing writing on the Global Marketing Creative team, you'll report to the Senior Director, Global Marketing Creative. You'll manage a multidisciplinary team of marketing writers across Riot's products. You'll help build writing craft at a global scale. And you'll be an air-traffic controller of talent, helping teams at Riot assess their writing needs and then finding and guiding the talent to meet them.
- Build and lead a team of writers at global scale
- Communicate standards and expectations to writing leads that can guide those leads as they establish their individual game voices and needs
- Advocate for and maintain Riot's company-wide philosophy on writing within creative, including copy, narrative, and other future writing problem sets
- Direct multiple writing reports across myriad products, handle comp planning, talent decisions, hiring, budgeting, and allocations
- Shape Riot-wide writing creative strategy
- 10+ years writing experience at a digital advertising agency or client-side with a focus on video games
- Knowledge of writing craft, leader evaluation, and workflow-building
- 5+ years of managing a team of writers or creatives
- Servant leadership mindset—always learning, always growing, never the ultimate say
- Deep familiarity with other parts of creative process including briefing and ideation
- Experience translating marketing and creative briefs into creative copy that delivers on business goals.
- Deep understanding or high curiosity about what gaming competitors and top companies are doing—especially how they speak to players
- Fluency in writing across a wide range of mediums, from scripts to store copy to user acquisition
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and creative collaboration centered on delighting players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.