Senior Marketing and Communications Manager (Part-time/Freelance)
Hipster Whale is searching for a Senior Marketing and Communications Manager to join the team for a maternity leave period of 3-6 months. For the right person, this may be extended to a permanent role as we expect our studio marketing requirements to grow.
We'll be looking for your help to promote new content launches and assist our small studio with all aspects of digital marketing - including marketing strategy, social media management, community management, PR and communications. You’ll be supported by our talented team and have the opportunity to use your creativity and analytical skills to bring Crossy Road fun to millions of players worldwide!
Our studio is based in Melbourne, Australia, but remote work arrangements will be considered. We are proud to have an inclusive work environment and encourage members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply!
- Build and execute marketing strategies for content updates, game launches, and industry events
- Collaborate with external partners and platforms on marketing beats, content, and asset approvals
- Manage social media accounts, including generating content ideas, writing copy, scheduling and tracking posts
- Build positive relationships with our online community - including players, media and industry peers
- Write and edit copy for all press and marketing materials
- Ensure marketing content and activities are aligned with brand guidelines and studio values
- Capture and edit gameplay footage to produce video assets for social media and app store pages
- Support App Store Optimization and User Acquisition campaigns as required
- Write creative briefs and coordinate art asset requirements
- 4+ years experience working in a marketing role
- Experience working within the video games industry
- Experience working in a team environment and a willingness to dive into additional tasks that might come up
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects of varying priorities and timelines
- Enthusiasm for games and a good sense of humour!
- Video editing experience using Adobe Premiere Pro (or similar)
- Experience producing graphics in Photoshop (or similar)
Hipster Whale is an independent, award-winning games studio located in the heart of Melbourne, Australia.
At Hipster Whale, we pride ourselves on developing high-quality gameplay experiences which are enjoyed by hundreds of millions around the world. We’re passionate about mobile gaming and love to delight players with our light-hearted and bright games, which are easy to pick up but hard to master. Of course, none of this would be possible without the support from incredible partners and our small yet immensely talented team!
- This is a fixed-term, 3-6 month role, working 2-3 days per week. If you’re seeking more hours or a permanent role, please don’t hesitate to apply as we’re open to negotiating a different arrangement for the right person.
- The Hipster Whale studio is located in Melbourne, Australia, but we’re open to working with anyone remotely with sufficient time zone overlap.
- We offer flexible work arrangements to cater to your external responsibilities and preferences.
- We aim to move through the recruitment process as quickly as possible and will respond to all applicants regardless of the outcome.
- Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we’re unfortunately unable to provide specific feedback to each applicant.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the role and a CV outlining your experience to: email@example.com with [POSITION TITLE - YOUR NAME] in the subject.
Applications open until filled.
Hipster Whale is looking to hire a Senior Marketing and Communications Manager (Part-time/Freelance) at their Melbourne, Australia location. Job contains the tags Remote, Writer, Graphic Designer, Temp, Senior, Photoshop and English.
Job discovered on 8/22/2022