Magic Leap is looking to hire a Senior Optical Engineer at their Boulder, CO, USA location. Job contains the tags Senior, C++, C#, Python, Lua, Physics and Programmer.
Join a team responsible for optical testing and characterization of Magic Leap’s current and next generation display components and subsystems. In this role as a Senior Optical Engineer, you will be joining a small, efficient engineering team and will have opportunities to provide an immediate impact through your work in image analysis. Interaction with other engineering groups around the company will be a key factor in your success. Your communication with these groups and with the Magic Leap optical team as a whole will provide you with opportunities for learning and growing in many facets of current and future Magic Leap technologies.
- Design and build optical test and metrology setups for characterizing key aspects of Magic Leap’s display performance such as MTF, uniformity, contrast, brightness, efficiency, and color
- Automate test stations using LabView, C/C++/C#, or python
- Evaluate component and subsystem test results using image processing algorithms to quantify performance versus established metrics
- Collaborate with other engineering teams within Magic Leap to understand the key design parameters of their specific technology and how to properly evaluate them
- Statistical analysis of test results and test repeatability using JMP
- Must be able to code in C++, Python
- Must possess understanding of EM simulation methodologies, e.g. RCWA, FDTD, Physical Optics, Ray tracing
- Must possess knowledge of high performance cloud computing utilization, e.g. AWS
- Must possess understanding of high performance scientific computing and parallelization methodologies
- Experience with Matlab strongly preferred
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Focused on problem resolution and delivering solutions.
- Must be able to communicate and work well with multidisciplinary groups.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are required.
- BS degree in Optical Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related engineering field is required.
- MS degree in Optical Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related engineering field is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Job discovered on 6/22/2021