Magic Leap is looking to hire a Senior, Process Engineer at their Plantation, FL, USA location. Job contains the tags Senior and Programmer.
Magic Leap is looking for a mechanical / process engineer to contribute significantly to the core design. You will be responsible for robotics and haptics design, integrating sensors, motors, and encoders into a fully functional robotic system, verification and validation testing. You will also support and contribute to intellectual property development.
Description: You will architect, design, integrate and deploy robotic automated solutions for complex Optical Assembly and Active Alignment systems. You will also review existing robotic solutions performance, debug and resolve issues as well as identify and implement improvements. You will collaborate in the design and creation of custom fixtures to fit the needs of specific automated solutions. You will also be responsible for working with 3rd party vendor robotic solutions as well as provide direct feedback to their optimization based on desired application. You will create, gather and document requirements for automated solutions, including identifying HW and SW dependencies. You will be responsible for properly defining and communicating such requirements to cross-functional teams and vendors.
- Develop processes supporting Active Alignment of Optic Assemblies
- Design, collect data, analyze and compile reports on a variety of engineering experiments,
- Perform hardware characterization and define process window and process-hardware interaction
- Troubleshoot a variety of complex problems, perform Root Cause Analysis and resolve a variety of difficult machine/robotic engineering issues
- Generate internal and external documentation for products, presentations and technical reports
- Interact with customers to resolve a variety of difficult process engineering issues/problems with limited supervision.
- Interact with development engineer to define new process and capabilities
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; recommends product and process improvements
- Develops strategy for project execution
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; requires innovative thinking.
- Drive defect reduction on tool set
- Drive output improvement on tool set
- Communicate eyepiece and equipment status to the manufacturing organization in real time.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and qualification of equipment following detailed SOP
- Monitor and respond to abnormal equipment signals
- Work with senior personnel and engineers to perform PM, troubleshooting and standard qualifications
- Correct and generate SOPs when required
- Train technicians as needed.
- 3+ years’ work experience in relevant fields.
- Hands on experience in clean room, optics, semiconductor materials and characterization.
- Experience in the areas of Optics and Active Alignment is very desirable.
- Expertise in analytical techniques
- Demonstrate experience with technical problem-solving skills with multitasking capabilities
- Demonstrate experience with statistical process control methodologies and engineering analysis tools
- Strong data analysis, troubleshooting, teamwork, and communication skills
- Aptitude and desire to learn new skills
- Six Sigma certification and/or use of LEAN improvement tools a plus
- Ability to thrive in a multi-culture environment
- B.S. in Engineering (preferably robotics or mechanical) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Engineering or other science related fields
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Job discovered on 7/20/2022