Position at SEGA European Head Office
SENIOR PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD
HEAD OF PRODUCT MARKETING
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our seven development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, HARDlight, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours, even more so with everyone working remotely during COVID-19…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our online gaming nights and free SEGA games on Steam
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with our weekly virtual yoga classes as well as online physical therapy with our masseuse.
- We hold regular company updates to keep everyone in the loop and we stay connected with social events like virtual pub quizzes and art workshops
- We support your learning & development with access to online courses through Udemy, and webinars and resources on mental health and financial wellbeing
- When you’re in the virtual office, we’ll make sure you have everything you need when it comes to tech/furniture, and we pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of your home office
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
This role is an essential position within the Central Marketing team, with the successful candidate expected to take ownership of one of SEGA’s flagship Studios, primarily overseeing their product releases and product communication within the SEGA Europe structure.
The role will require working closely with the Central Brand Team in order to represent and promote the Studio’s IPs with the SEGA assigned EMEA distributers and 1st Party Platform owners, while taking responsibility for planning, delivery and execution of clear marketing campaigns for all products under their jurisdiction.
The role will work closely with other internal commercial departments including PR, Creative Services, Web Team, Digital Business Team, and Sales to ensure pre-set objectives are achieved across the EMEA region.
- Planning and execution of EMEA ATL marketing campaigns for assigned products in conjunction with the respective brand teams within the Pillar (Studio), PR, EMEA Sales and Distribution Channel Marketing teams.
- Be an ambassador for products across the EMEA territory – be the point of contact within SEGA commercial publishing for assigned products and lead on product update meetings.
- Budgetary objectives – manage product budgets effectively, ensuring all spend is signed off, agreed and within budget, while maximising delivery and impact on all titles.
- Work closely with the Brand & Creative Services teams on asset production and delivery to ensure timely and accurate marketing materials are in place.
- Develop working knowledge of assigned EMEA marketplaces, retail landscape, consumer profile, marketing activity and pricing economics.
- Work closely with external media and marketing agencies to represent the franchises and the studios in internal and external meetings.
- Work closely with the SEGA Digital Business team to ensure that digital retail needs, for PC and Console, are well catered for and those relationships remain profitable and optimised.
- Ensure expert knowledge across key franchise titles and associated genres (including BP forecasting, key selling features, milestone delivery dates, demo ability, market and genre status and history, and any territory specifics and competitor titles).
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with all inter-company SEGA teams to ensure fully aligned execution of marketing strategies.
- Assist the EMEA Sales team to manage forecasts, sell in, sell out and inventory for each SKU to minimise exposure and maximise sell through.
- Work closely with the studio and internal PR Teams to ensure that the PR plan supports the marketing plan.
- Post launch sales review and re-promotion strategies to ensure products reach or exceed targets – manage lifecycle of products during planning process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience working within a similar role within a global organisation within the gaming or related industries.
- Demonstrable experience delivering marketing elements to a quality level, by planned dates and within agreed budgets.
- An understanding of publishing and broad, in-depth and up-to-date product knowledge of the mainstream games industry is preferable.
- Knowledge and understanding of current media trends, both within the specialist gaming environment and wider.