Guerrilla Games is looking to hire a Senior Shader Artist at their Amsterdam, Netherlands location. Job contains the tags AAA, Senior, Maya, Painter, Substance Designer, English, Unreal, Unity, Lua, Physics and Art.
Contribute to the artistic vision and development of the industry's most anticipated AAA games.
Guerrilla's Tech Art Team works closely with other teams (Art, Tools, QA) to support efficient asset
generation and management. Using a unique combo of technical skill and artistic insight, our Tech Artists
create the connective tissue between Art and Code.
What you will do
Guerrilla, the Amsterdam-based studio behind the critically acclaimed action RPG Horizon Zero Dawn and the upcoming Horizon Forbidden West, is looking for a Senior Shader Artist to strike the right node! We are looking for a creative and passionate artist who lives for world building and crafting textures and materials that tell a story within the game environment. A talent that is inspired to achieve only the highest of quality in their work and wants to contribute to the artistic vision and development of the industry's most anticipated AAA games. As part of an integrated Tech Art Team, you will;
- Develop the artistic look of the material expressions in our game world;
- Help develop tools and pipelines and workflows used by both internal and external artists to create and apply materials;
- Craft photorealistic materials using your expertise of the physics behind light and color, through a combination of photography, texture generation, code and node-based shading tools;
- Build and maintain an internal PBR material library and assist with maintaining technical and quality standards;
- Develop material and shading pipelines, workflows, and tools that are future-proof and industry-leading while keeping current console hardware requirements in mind;
- Collaborate with production artists on creating materials for in-game use, and work with the Art Directors, Asset Artists and Environment Artists to achieve a consistent, high-quality style while staying within the performance and memory requirements of the project;
- Create organized material workflows between Substance Designer, Painter and in-house material tooling;
- Tutor other artists in shading techniques, and work with our Engine Programmers to identify and develop new techniques;
- Evaluate scope estimates to ensure material assets are in line with project schedules.
Who you are
Ready to compare nodes? We want to hear from you if:
- You have at least shipped one AAA game title or have worked in equivalent industry;
- You have experience writing shaders with HLSL, GLSL or equivalent;
- You have strong linear algebra skills;
- You possess in-depth knowledge of cutting-edge shader techniques;
- You have a strong understanding of PBR materials and workflows;
- You have proven experience with node-based shader creation tools such as Maya, XSI or Unreal;
- You have a strong understanding of game development with a focus on materials;
- You have a good understanding of the architecture of modern GPU's, memory and performance constraints, and know how to optimize shaders while maintaining high quality;
- You have strong communication skills and a good command of the English language;
- You enjoy working in agile, multi-disciplinary teams.
A full-time position in a dynamic and challenging work environment, with excellent primary and secondary benefits and relocation (if required). You will get to work with some of the world’s most talented game developers, in our studio in the heart of Amsterdam!
If you are up for the challenge, hit the “apply now” button to submit your application to us. Be sure to submit your CV and a portfolio/show reel that shows your best and most recent work. We also welcome a motivation letter expressing your interest for the role and Guerrilla.
Guerrilla is part of Sony Interactive Entertainment. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Because of the volume of replies we receive, we will not be able to respond to every applicant.
Job discovered on 6/5/2021