Senior Software Engineer, Application Framework - Contractor
Magic Leap is looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer, Application Framework - Contractor at their Plantation, FL, USA location. Job contains the tags Temp, Senior, C++ and Programmer.
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of people who share a magical vision of the future. And we’re growing.
Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit.
For this role, you will be working on a small team that will be developing application framework, tools, and examples to improve workflows for enabling content creation on our platform using the Lumin Runtime. With a focus on the user and developer experience, you will be delivering software that will allow developers to create exciting and new experiences on our platform.You must have strong C++ skills and have shipped world-class technologies or products for mobile, desktop or virtual and Mixed Reality platforms. Strong 3D math and linear algebra skills, experience working with games software, or similar real-time systems is a must. You must be prepared to drive ambiguous projects in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of self-motivation and direction.
- Design, implement, optimize, and debug software systems and tools that make workflows more accessible to Developers/Users
- Work within a small agile team to deliver high-quality Mixed Reality framework for the Lumin Runtime that makes content creation workflows more accessible
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and technical implementation issues
- Strong focus on user and developer experiences
- Support and deliver solutions for internal and external content teams
- 5+ years of professional experience in the gaming industry or using real-time 3D technologies
- Strong C++ knowledge and skills
- Solid 3D math skills including vectors, transformation matrices, and analytical geometry
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- OpenGL, Vulkan experience are nice-to-have
- Experience with shaders, geometry processing, and lighting are nice-to-have
- Experience with IME aware applications and l10n integrations are nice-to-have
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines
Job discovered on 1/12/2021