As a Senior Sound Designer, your technical and creative audio skills will combine to bring life to the broad range of characters and experiences in our games. Joining efforts with a versatile team, you'll drive audio from content creation to implementation. Using your passion, and creativity you will help guide team decisions and provide thoughtful feedback to your peers. As a member of the audio discipline, you'll aim to find ways to teach and level up those around you while continuing to challenge yourself.
As a Senior Sound Designer reporting to our Audio Director within our VALORANT team, you'll tap into your creativity to design sound across thematic. You'll work with designers, artists, and engineers, breathing life into our game with your understanding of audio.
Please note, you will not be involved in the creation or production of music.
- Establish and communicate content audio goals, including how they align with product goals, to direct reports, product leadership and other Rioters.
- Identify, scope, and schedule audio needs for your areas of responsibility.
- Develop constructive working relationships with others to achieve team goals.
- Work with other disciplines to establish appropriate process and pipeline for audio content delivery and with music, video and other central teams to ensure thematic consistency across in-game and out of game features
- Record, edit, and design sound effects and other recurring features using industry standard methods and tools
- Record sound effects both in studio and in the field using industry standard microphone techniques and hardware
- Navigate partner, senior leadership, discipline and team feedback
- Ensure quality of asset output by play-testing and gathering daily feedback on your content from your team and discipline
- Work along-side audio programmers and sound designers to develop the framework of audio playback systems based on creative vision and game-play needs
- Define and apply best practices of technical audio workflows and systems to support project and team needs.
- Act as a liaison to advocate for audio to the engineering staff, and partner with team members across disciplines to find solutions that best support quality audio.
- Manage Wwise project organization, structures, gameplay parameter setups and optimizations
- 4+ years' experience designing sound experiences for games
- Expertise in the holistic game audio process (i.e. - Sound Design, Voice Over, Music Implementation, Technology, Player Experience)
- Knowledge of sound design creation tools (i.e. - ProTools, Nuendo, Reaper, Izotope, Waves, Native Instruments) and sound design, voice over and music implementation methods
- Knowledge of audio middleware (Wwise), game engine technology (Unreal), and versioning software (Perforce).
- Experience with scripting languages such as Blueprints. Implementation is as important as content creation for this position.
- Experience leading mid-scope discipline and product team efforts
- Education (HS Diploma, BA, BS, MA, MS, J.D.,Ph.D.):
- Degree/Certificate In Audio/Music Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum years of related work experience:
- Combination of relevant work experience & degree:
- BA / BS + 1-3 years (negotiable)
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.