343 Industries, the studio developing Halo, is looking for a Senior Technical UI Artist to join our team working on Halo Infinite. As a Senior Technical UI Artist, you are central to creating polished, accessible and performant interface experiences on one of the most exciting and creative intellectual properties in the industry. If you’re a passionate, talented and driven artist in this field, this is where you need to be!
A Senior Technical UI Artist is expected to support the UI Art by demonstrating command of our UI toolset, from building and executing internal processes, shaping the design of our UI Tools and pipelines, and being able to execute on and lend polish to the production of user interface art and assets.
A Senior Technical UI Artist must be able to communicate and collaborate strongly with our UI Artists, UX Designers, and UI Engineers together - this role acts as a the bridge between these crafts and would be responsible for the delivery and execution of a world class user experience to our audience. The ideal candidate must be highly effective in ambiguous situations, manage time effectively and react quickly to changing requirements.
- Elevate and deliver UI screen implementation and iteration using the UI Toolset within our game engine
- Collaborate with UX Design to ensure we are delivering on a compelling and intuitive user experience approach
- Align with UI content creators to define and execute implementation best practices
- Work closely with our UI Artists to build internal art processes and guide content creation workflows
- Coordinate with Art, Design, Production, and Developers to iterate on best-in-class solutions to UI creation challenges
- 5+ years of experience in Tech Art or UI Art for games
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Expertise in art creation pipelines, workflows, and tools
- Experience in scripting in 2D and 3D software
- Deep understanding of contemporary UX/UI Design best practices for console platforms
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively and critically to support content creators
- Strong technical skills and the ability to quickly grasp new technology, workflows and software
- Fundamental understanding of interface and motion design principles (typography, layout, grids, hierarchy, color, timing, easing, composition)
- Understanding of how to work with Design Systems
- Knowledgeable in 3D software like Cinema 4D, Maya, or 3DS Max
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Passion for and knowledge of games, especially in the FPS or Sci-Fi genre
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.