DNABLOCK is currently seeking a Senior Unreal Developer. We are looking for an energetic, experienced and creative team member to be responsible for leading cutting-edge real-time graphics and technology development.
The ideal candidate has experience working with a cross disciplinary team. Candidates should have solid technical fundamentals including strong 3D rendering and problem-solving skills. Candidates are expected to be self-starting and proactive in identifying risk and determining solutions. They should have a passion for adding the extra polish that sets our platform apart.
DNABLOCK is an LA-based technology company funded by SoftBank with the goal of democratizing 3D animation for content creators. Our platform and REPLIKANT™ animation engine gives non-technical content creators the ability to generate bespoke, high-quality, digital beings without prohibitive post-production costs or specialized 3D programming knowledge.
• Implement, debug, and optimize major systems in Unreal Engine Blueprints, C/C++, and other languages in the context of a large cross-platform codebase
• Spearhead development of innovative gameplay experiences
• Contribute and keep the structural integrity of Unreal code architecture and technical designs
• Producing specifications and determining operational feasibility
• Implement UE plugins, features and applications
• Perform data and code analysis to identify improvement opportunities
• Provide mentorship to less experienced engineers
• Minimum 3 years of industry experience in a game engineering or similar position
• Proven coding experience as a UE engineer with minimum 3 years of professional Unreal Engine experience
• Multiple shipped game titles
• Proficiency in C/C++ and Unreal Blueprints
• Proficiency in scripting language such Python, LUA or similar
• Advanced optimization skills - code and data
• Advanced debugging skills - comfortable debugging optimized builds in multithreaded and cross platform (networking) context
• Solid math skills – especially linear algebra and 3D vector math
• Game knowledge and an understanding of the design principles behind 3D real-time apps and games
• Able to collaborate with other engineers as well as non-technical team members
• Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
• A passion for video games and a desire to be part of the creative process involved in developing video games
• Sense of autonomy, responsibility, and attention to detail
• Proficiency in verbal and written communication in English of technical concepts
• Demonstrated ability to manage production time and meet deadlines.
• Good ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
• Positive attitude and ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
• Advanced programming specialty, such as low-level network programming, High Level Shader Language (HLSL), SSE assembly, etc
• Expertise and passion in one or more of the following areas: AI, User Interfaces, Animation, General Game-play, rigging, etc.
• Previously shipped AAA titles
DNABLOCK is looking to hire a Senior Unreal Developer at their Remote location. Job contains the tags Remote, Senior, AAA, Animation, Unreal, Maya, C++ and Character.
Job discovered on 7/13/2021