Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
- Architect web sites to support project needs;
- Work with IT and Production to ensure the web servers can meet project requirements;
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organising and planning their own work;
- Ensure coding standards are followed in their own code;
- Collect, interpret and analyse the technical feasibility of system/feature specifications;
- Write clear and well-structured code while bearing in mind performance, maintenance and architectural requirements;
- Include comments in the code and document implemented features;
- Stay up to date with technology advances within the field;
- Perform code review for peers;
- Mentor less experienced web developers
- Ensure that code changes are fully tested by yourself and involving quality control when appropriate;
- Support their manager in any ad-hoc duties and requests.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of a source control system (e.g. Git, Perforce);
- Knowledge of script languages (e.g. C#, node.js, Perl, PHP, Python);
- Knowledge of databases (e.g. mongoDB, MySQL);
- Understanding of bandwidth considerations, and able to implement optimisations;
- Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and their application;
- Knowledge of difference software development methods such as Test-Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile, etc. ;
- Ability to analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand, extend and refactor functionality of an existing module;
- Ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity, including memory related issues, and multi-threading;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Knowledge of analytics systems (e.g. Kibana, Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Grafana) is desirable;
- Knowledge of application deployment systems (e.g. Kubernetes) is desirable;
- Knowledge of web app development platforms (e.g. Angular) is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in web development or equivalent;
- 6 years commercial software development experience with significant involvement in 2 published projects as a web developer;
- Experience profiling and optimisation is required;
- Experience in device and browser compatibility is required;
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Code and source control is desirable;
- Experience working in a multi-site collaboration environment is desirable.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.