At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is on the lookout for a talented Senior Windows Systems Engineer who possesses a passion for building and maintaining infrastructure that supports high traffic, public facing systems and applications. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar's studio in Carlsbad. Whether it’s the beach or mountains, San Diego is considered one of the best places to live year-round.
WHAT WE DO
- We provide operational support for critical platforms and services that enable connected experiences that are found across our game franchises.
- We constantly review our processes with the aim of automating wherever possible.
- Configure, install, and maintain Windows servers and related applications across a highly available, public facing environment.
- Work within a distributed team to design and develop automated workflows using PowerShell/DSC and Chef.
- Perform root cause analysis through multiple infrastructure layers.
- Manage and maintain local site storage environment including Brocade, EMC and Compellent hardware.
- Manage and support IIS/.Net C# applications.
- Manage and support local site VMware multi-cluster environment.
- Administer and deploy SQL Server 2017/2019, in both clustered and non-clustered deployment methods.
- Perform Level 1 to Level 2 administration of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Administer monitoring services such as Check_MK, Splunk, Grafana.
- Provide timely and creative solutions to difficult problems.
- Respond to critical requests during off hours.
- 5+ years of Windows Server administration/engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, MCSE/MCITP certification, or equivalent experience.
- Expert level understanding of Windows Sever Operating System internals.
- Strong knowledge of protocols and standards such as DHCP, DNS, DFS, LDAP, IPSEC, CIFS, SMB, etc.
- Strong experience with VMware, IIS and SQL Server.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP based networks.
- Ability to write performant PowerShell/DSC scripts to automate and orchestrate tasks.
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Chef (preferred), Ansible, Puppet, SaltStack, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work calmly and solve problems in high pressure situations and manage multiple ongoing projects.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience supporting online gaming development and production environments.
- Linux administration – preferably LAMP stack.
- General Cisco IOS administration experience for adding removing VLANS, setting up ACLs.
- Knowledge of C#.
- Knowledge of NoSQL Databases (MongoDB/Redis, etc.).
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.