Position at Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our Live Services team based at out studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
In this exciting role, you will be working closely with product and platform engineering teams, developing, and running online services to high standard. The successful candidate for this role will be an excellent communicator and enabler, helping guide with projects from inception to delivery and support live operation. A passion for professional development and a commitment to teamwork is key for this position.
As Site Reliability Engineer, you will be key in developing our common service infrastructure and automation tooling.
On a day-to-day basis, your responsibilities may include:
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Essential
- Being a proactive member of the team
- Have a strong focus on reliability and scalability for building highly available systems
- Work closely with other developers to empower them to build and run their services
- Help provide a resilient and responsive online service for our significant player base on multiple live titles
- Contribute to design and implementation of the right deployment strategies for our services.
- Strong experience in a DevOps or SRE-type role
- Strong experience working with cloud services (AWS preferred)
- Experience working with CI/CD (Gitlab preferred) and infrastructure-as-code tools (Terraform preferred)
- Experience working with observability tools (Grafana, Prometheus, InfluxDB preferred)
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
- Experience in Gaming industry
- Experience with Containerization
- Experience of working with systems at scale
- Understanding and working knowledge of front-end web and mobile technologies (html5, Electron, ionic etc)
- Experience working with open authentication standards, Big Data
- Programming and systems design experience
- Experience with load testing tools
- Experience with Windows build processes
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.