Unity's Consulting & Development team is looking for developers to collaboratively develop innovative software with Unity's largest customers across a variety of exciting fields, such as games, media and entertainment, manufacturing, automotive, aerospace and architecture. If you're technically skilled, customer-focused, and an excellent communicator, this job will suit you.
Your day-to-day work will include designing and implementing software systems either in or surrounding the Unity Editor and the Unity Engine, interacting with customers, analysing the Unity Engine source code, and keeping your skills and knowledge up to date.
In the longer term, you'll become an established technical expert within Unity. You can pursue opportunities including personal research, speaking at conferences, delivering training to customers and colleagues, and guiding Unity's direction by providing feedback and advice to our R&D teams.
This role might involve occasional travel to customers’ offices and other Unity offices, primarily within Europe. Travel will generally not exceed 5 nights per month and is usually conducted during week days.
We're committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Help the Engineering Manager scoping projects for customers across a wide range of verticals, such as games, media and entertainment, manufacturing, automotive, aerospace and architecture
- Become embedded with external customer teams to develop interactive applications and tools
- Visit customers for short-term consultations and give them advice on how to resolve their performance issues and improve their existing workflows
- Build close relationships with Unity's internal development teams and provide customer feedback and uses cases to them
- Efficiently solve problems, communicate, and educate our clients, both remotely and on-site at their offices
- Capable of developing and debugging code written in a large multithreaded C# or C++ codebase, using a multi-platform engine (e.g. Unity, Unreal, in-house)
- Knowledgeable on how to profile, analyze, and improve performance, from low-level limitations to high-level architectural decisions
- Experience in shipping multiple games or other real-time interactive applications, including a solid understanding of software development lifecycles
- Fluent in written and spoken English, and able to communicate ideas and technical knowledge clearly via written reports
- Comfortable when it comes to diving into areas outside of their expertise in order to help our customers
- Experience in delivering training/technical talks and writing technical articles/documentation
- Experience in writing shaders
- Experience in the Data-Oriented Technology Stack (DOTS)
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.