Software Engineer - Front End
WB Games is looking to hire a Software Engineer - Front End at their Troy, NY, USA location. Job contains the tags Python, HTML and Programmer.
WB Games Inc. seeks a Software Engineer, Front End for the WB Games NY Studio. As a Software Engineer at WB Games NY, you will be working primarily on our online Player Network platform, in addition to some other internal technologies. You will be responsible for building user-facing websites and UI that our players will use to interact with our Network. Our Network will integrate tightly with some of the largest franchises in the games industry. You will work as part of a highly talented team of producers, engineers, product managers, and business specialists to expand our systems and add value to WB Games’ catalogue of products.
We are looking for candidates with 3+ years of experience as a software engineer and the ability to quickly learn new platforms. We use many different technologies within WB Games New York, and while we don’t expect you to know them all coming in, we need a candidate who can quickly learn and be proficient with them!
WB Games New York works with some of the top talent in the game industry to build online competitive and social features for video games. Our highly experienced team of engineers utilize cutting-edge technology to build game services that are robust and scalable enough to support world-class developers such as NetherRealm Studios, Rocksteady, Monolith Productions, WB Montréal, and more!
- Implement, and support complex frontends and websites that drives our user-interaction with our Player Network.
- Ensure clear/straightforward design and comprehensive documentation of code. Identify code/functionality that can be reused and refactor for reuse within the team.
- Collaborate with other engineers to improve supportability, stability, and robustness of our Player Network frontend.
- Build user-facing products based on designs and direction delivered from Product team.
- Lead design initiatives for new features from clients and internal technical debt
- Write and review code, develop documentation, and debug problems, live, on very complex systems
Perks and advantages
- 3-5 years of experiencing professionally delivering frontend technology
- Experience with HTML5, CSS, and JS (experience with Vue or React frameworks a plus)
- Able to read and write software in Python or some other general purpose programming language
- Experience interacting with APIs
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, startup-like environment
- Competitive salaries
- Benefits: medical, dental, and vision programs for you and your dependents
- Company-matching 401(k) retirement program
- Free games, discounts, and other employee benefits offered by Warner Bros.
- An open and collaborative work space
- We value a good work-life balance
- The code and systems you work on will be in production and used by millions of gamers all around the world, within some of the most popular IP in the video game industry
Job discovered on 6/14/2021