Lionheart Games is looking for an experienced Systems Designer with a strong desire to contribute to every design aspect, and who knows what it means to take responsibility and deliver excellent results. You have the skills and knowledge to create game progression for players that is both sophisticated and fun, and you can translate that into complete design documents backed by data (or market) analysis and ready for implementation.
Joining us means being part of a team with the passion and inherent drive to create innovative, high-performing games. We are intellectually curious and excited to apply the latest game development innovations to our projects. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of an entrepreneurial environment that embraces new and different ideas. Everyone at Lionheart Games is excited about creating the best mobile games possible, and we empower one another to learn and grow from our collective experiences. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your ingenuity, energy, collaboration, and dedication.
- Develop and improve statistical models to guide measurement and optimizations, with a focus on non-gameplay systems (player progression, character and item collection, etc.) and monetization.
- Bridge the gap from data and analysis to critical business decisions.
- Provide a data-driven point of view to balance our team intuition.
- Design and optimize progression and other game systems based on current best practices.
- Team up with other developers to build and improve our games, focusing on your design implementation.
- Keep up to date with industry-related data developments and harness that knowledge for the benefit of our games and teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater (Masters/PhD strongly preferred) in quantitative discipline (Math, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, CE, or EE).
- 5+ years of experience translating data to insight and recommendations.
- 3+ years of experience in game design with a focus on game systems development.
- Mastery at analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to innovate on existing best practices and system designs while working independently.
- Experience building dashboards and visualizations (Looker, Periscope, Tableau, etc.).
- Experience with big data technologies and strong SQL skills.
- Passion for mobile games and big data.
- Great interpersonal skills; humility and respect when receiving comments from your team.
- 10+ years of applicable games industry experience.
- Experience creating progression systems for mid-core or hardcore mobile games.
- Experience with or deep understanding of mobile game monetization (historical and current).
Lionheart Games is looking to hire a Systems Designer at their Atlanta, GA location. Job contains the tags AAA, Senior, Lead, Designer, MySQL and Unreal.
Job discovered on 11/6/2019