Talent and Succession Planning Operations Manager
Job Title: Talent & Succession Planning Operations Manager
Department: Human Resources – Talent Office
Location: Santa Monica, California
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in one of our U.S. locations (Santa Monica, CA), we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
The Talent & Succession Planning Operations Manager will support various talent initiatives, processes and special HR projects across our organization. This is a highly collaborative and exciting opportunity to be involved in high-impact, high-visibility, strategic Talent activities and improvements in a fast-paced organization.
The ideal candidate will have project management, change management and senior stakeholder management skills and previous experience of working in a Talent function.
Talent initiatives include but are not limited to: performance management, critical talent contracts, assessment and succession planning.
- Performance Management – Project manage all activities related to the performance management cycle (from goal setting, to performance reviews) enterprise-wide, ensuring successful delivery against set deadlines. Partner with multiple stakeholders on the execution of all set milestones. Develop facilitation and training materials for stakeholders (HRBPs, leaders, managers, employees) together with the development of learning content (including e-learning) to support all elements of the performance management cycle. Partner with Internal Communications Team on Change Management and Communications plan. Act as a Functional Subject Matter Expert, partner with the HR Technology team on establishing the requirements for process design in Workday for continuous improvements of the process and approach.
- Critical Talent Contracts Management – Coordinate the execution of key talent contracts working with senior stakeholders and partners from Legal, Compensation and HR Operations teams ensuring the timely delivery of all process related activities. Manage the weekly stakeholder project meeting. Build and design status reports for Executive Leadership Team as needed. Collaborate with HR Technology team on continuous improvement of the process, supporting the creation of communications, training plan and materials for stakeholders. Act as a Functional Subject Matter Expert, partner with HR Technology team on requirements for the process design in Workday.
- Support of Talent Initiatives – Manage other assigned tasks and responsibilities to reach objectives and milestones of ongoing Talent initiatives as part of HR Operations team.
- Stakeholder Management – Establish and maintain rapport with global stakeholders and leverage effective relationships for successful delivery of projects. Support inquiries and assistance requests from stakeholders within assigned projects.
- Teamwork and independence – Cooperate with multiple partners from HR Operations, HR Technology, Communications, Legal and Compensation teams. Take on responsibility and independently lead projects based on ongoing needs.
- Work with highly sensitive data – Manage strictly confidential and business critical information which requires high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with different facets of project management (e.g., creation of project plans, requirements gathering, stakeholder alignment (including creation of facilitation materials for stakeholder meetings), risk management and status reporting)
- Experience of working on Talent initiatives
- Demonstrable organizational and excellent time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Task-oriented, with the ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously in a fast paced and intellectually challenging environment, whilst also following specific processes and direction from respective team/project leads
- Ability to prioritize and focus on mission-critical tasks among competing business requirements
- Experience in managing multiple activities for stakeholders with different seniority levels
- Problem solver, with the ability to anticipate issues, provide solutions, and proactively remove barriers to project success
- Driven by results and execution focused with hands-on “Can do” attitude and a methodical approach even when working under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with stakeholders, employees and peers to ensure effective team collaboration and an enhanced customer/employee experience
- You’ll appreciate and understand the need for strict confidentiality and discretion in dealing with any people related data
- Excellent IT skills – particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint
- 4+ years of experience in HR/ Talent Operations/ Learning and Development with similar responsibilities preferred
- Experience with using Workday
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.