At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar India is on the lookout for a talented Technical Artist who possesses a passion for inventing and improving workflows to enhance game development. As part of the Technical Art team, you will work closely with Artists across all studios to ensure they can efficiently create and refine Art to the highest standard expected for our titles.
This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Bangalore.
WHAT WE DO
- Bring innovation and resolution to technical problems and challenges throughout Art production - from content creation through to the game.
- Create and maintain tools that improve our Art creation/editing workflows.
- Provide general support for Art team and document/share solutions/knowledge with the wider team.
- Proactively use knowledge and experience to identify and solve problems before they affect the Art team.
- Work closely with fellow Technical Artists as part of wider global team working on interconnected tools and systems.
- Collaborate and communicate with other departments (aside from the Art and Rigging department) such as Core/Runtime Tools and Engine teams.
- This is a Technical Artist position with a Dynamic Art specialism. This means the tasks, while varied, will relate mainly to Dynamic Art (characters/animals/vehicles/props/vegetation/rigging tools).
- Creating and developing tools to help author and manage high quality and quantity of art in large open worlds.
- Writing standalone tools (in C#) and in DCC (3ds Max/Maxscript).
- Help setting up pipelines and writing tools to support them.
- Setting up automated processes to propagate changes across a large number of art assets and help support dynamic art artists in their day to day work.
- A relevant degree or professional experience in the game industry as a Technical Artist or Artist.
- An online portfolio showing relevant examples of your work.
- Experience using 3dsMax.
- Knowledge of C# and Maxscript/Python.
- Experience using other game engines (e.g. Unreal/Unity or proprietary tech).
- Can demonstrate creativity and technical ability within the constraints of console development.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Team Player.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience in other scripting and programming languages (Python, WPF, C++ etc.).
- Familiarity working and developing in a multi-platform, multi-project environment.
- Understanding in developing pipelines and creating efficient user interfaces.
- Experience using Mudbox/ZBrush/Maya/SpeedTree is a plus.
- Experience Rigging assets is a plus.
- Knowledge of source control (such as Perforce or GIT) and working on code base collaboratively.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.