A TEAM OF ALL TRADES.
Although Team6 has been in the gaming industry for over 18 years, we still consider ourselves being a young and dynamic company. Developing games for all kinds of platforms, from top 10-mobile games to a great diversity of games for all the latest consoles keeps us creative and always aiming for the skies.
We are looking for a Technical Artist who is eager to learn and is looking for a new and exciting challenge! As a Technical Artist you will support the Art and Technical disciplines on a daily basis by documenting systems and the art pipeline. You will be the one responsible for solving specific problems in production pipeline by creating and documenting tools, processes and benchmarks. Next to that you’re also responsible for optimizing game performance by advising the best workflows and iterating on art asset optimization techniques. Do you recognize yourself in the profile described below? Then look no further and send in your application!
- A degree in Art, Design, Technical Discipline or a similar education/equivalent
- 1+ year of experience working as a Technical Artist within the game industry
- Proficient with 3D software like Maya, Blender, Modo or Zbrush
- Significant experience with working in game engines, preferably UE4 and/or Unity 3D
- Strong understanding of the art pipelines and workflows
- Knowledge of at least one scripting or programming language (Python, C# or
- Technical proficiency in areas of 2D and 3D art
- Able to understand and communicate technical issues to the art department
- Able to recognize and resolve possible pitfalls with exceptional creative problem-
- Able to deliver high quality products within the set deadlines
- Able to implement optimizations and monitor the performance of the game
- Strong English communication skills in both verbal and written capacity
- Shipped at least one game within the game development industry as a Technical Artist
- Experience with shaders, OpenGL or HLSL
- Experienced in different areas, such as environment modeling, animation or visual
- Experience with SideFx Houdini is a plus
- Passionate about the newest techniques and developments when it comes to
- Experience with different development methodologies, experience with Agile and
Waterfall methodology is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
Our name resembles our core beliefs, the best games are not made by individuals but by teams that have passion for games. Learning and inspiring each other is what we excel at. We put a lot of time in building a culture where our Team6-ers can thrive and enjoy a great atmosphere to, not only work in, but share their passion for creating games with their fellow Team6 members. We truly believe that it’s essential to share your passion and knowledge amongst like-minded people to create the best possible games. That’s why we are known for our informal and flexible family-like work culture, while maintaining a professional attitude. You can say we aim for the best of both worlds. If that didn’t convince you yet, we can also offer you:
- A diverse workforce with different nationalities and cultures
- Full-time job with room for personal growth (hours are negotiable)
- Employee benefits including traveling compensation and pensions
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the actual developed games, we’d love to
hear your input and vision!
- A beautiful office location nearby the station surrounded by various pubs, restaurants
and nearby the forest. Located in the same building as the cinema, library and theatre
We strongly prefer candidates that live nearby the studio in Assen, the Netherlands, or are willing to relocate to a place nearby our studio. For this position we only consider candidates that have a nationality from one of the countries that are part of the European Economic Area (EEA countries) or are already in possession of a permanent work permit which allows to work freely in the Netherlands (in this case the work permit will state “arbeid vrij toegestaan”).
If you share our ideology, want to become a great addition to our family and enrich us with your awesome talents, then we would love for you to reach out to us! Please send your application (including resume and portfolio) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!
Team6 Game Studios is looking to hire a Technical Artist at their Assen, the Netherlands location. Job contains the tags Maya, Blender, ZBrush, Unreal, Unity, C#, Python and Houdini.
Job discovered on 3/17/2021