"Technical Director" - Games
Lionheart Games is looking for an experienced “Technical Director” who won’t just direct, review code, or share opinions on our games, but will also execute and produce well-written code themselves. Gaming is more than just a job for you; it’s a passion, lifestyle, and healthy obsession. You’re motivated to solve challenging problems and create an incredible user experience that is smooth and without interruption from technical problems. You know the best way to do this is hands-on, surrounded by game artists, programmers, designers, and others who share your passion and drive.
People successful in this role are intellectually curious and comfortable filling many roles on a team with minimal oversight. You thrive in an entrepreneurial and independent environment, and you’re not afraid to take risks and trust in others. Everyone at Lionheart Games is excited about creating the best mobile games possible, and we empower one another to learn and grow from our collective experiences. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your ingenuity, energy, collaboration, and dedication.
- Develop mobile games using C++
- Involvement in all areas of game development, including, graphics programming, game logic, AI, user interface, game enhancements, engine defect corrections, and other technical matters for performance.
- Support and contribute new ideas to game design.
- Write clear, maintainable, and portable code.
- Independently design and develop complete solutions from scratch.
- Proactively identify technical risks and issues for the team.
- Contribute to the technical design documentation process.
- Understand and articulate the trade-offs between technical and design choices, and solve for the best player experience.
- 7+ years of professional game development experience at an established studio.
- Mastery of C++ in a game development environment and fluency in several other languages.
- Wide understanding of different game technologies (AI, gameplay, graphics, tools, physics, etc.).
- Project planning experience as a lead programmer or above for an online, multiplayer released game, with key contributions and design responsibility for critical components.
- Thrive in an environment of independence and responsibility without assigned tasks.
- Great interpersonal skills; humility and respect when receiving comments from your team.
- Unreal Engine 4 and/or mobile game development experience.
- Passion for mobile games and software development.
- 10+ years of applicable games industry experience.
- Graduate (or higher) education in the field of Computer Science.
- Experience with free-to-play and/or online multiplayer games for mobile devices.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Computer Science or similar discipline (Math, Physics, Engineering).
Lionheart Games is looking to hire a "Technical Director" - Games at their Atlanta. GA location. Job contains the tags AAA, Unreal, C++ and Programmer.
Job discovered on 11/7/2019