As the Technical Program Manager III for the Cloud Engineering team on the Core Infrastructure team, you will oversee the development and improvements of Cloud platform services supporting Riot infrastructure, enabling internal and external teams to operate cloud environments with tools that ensure reliable and repeatable processes to be executed through automation. You will work with the engineers on your team to plan and deliver to commitments while handling emergent requests. You will assess needs from and help bridge gaps between other teams, both technical and nontechnical, inside and outside of Riot, having to interact and plan with external vendors on dependencies and deliverables.
You will plan deliverables for Riot Infrastructure using project management skills with passion to ensure game teams and internal customers will have their requests fulfilled with quality and on time. You will report to the Core Infrastructure Leadership Team, making sure you and your teammates have the resources, time, and support necessary to be successful.
- Manage and Implement work Agile systems to ensure successful and sustainable delivery
- Manage delivery schedules and emergent tasks, while mitigating risks and managing tradeoffs and eliminating blockers
- Create transparency and predictability with roadmaps, planning, and partner management
- Promote alignment on technical decisions, and ensure teams are staffed for high-quality results
- Improve the scalability and repeatability of delivery pipeline for the Riot infrastructure
- Set and embody the team culture and standards consistent with Riot values
- Build relationships across the Production discipline, including personally and for the team
- Support Engineering Managers with team performance indicators to access teams needs and capacity.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- 5+ years experience managing technical projects focused on Software development or IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service)
- Broad technical understanding of common development and automation challenges
- Experience with cloud technologies and projects (AWS)
- Experience working with distributed teams and facilitating virtual meetings
- Excellent knowledge of Agile work systems (Kanban, Scrum, Agile at Scale) and measuring success through metrics
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders and dependencies
- Bachelors in CS, Math or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, containerized services, and microservice architectures
- Experience with continuous integration & deployment flow.
- Certifications in project management (PMP, SCRUM, SAFe)
- Prior success developing productive working relationships with team members, colleagues, and all customers.
- Can promote collaboration across geographically distributed teams with different cultures
- Experience with JIRA
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.