Tools Developer - Motion Capture
Rockstar Games is looking to hire a Tools Developer - Motion Capture at their Toronto, ON, Canada location. Job contains the tags Motion Capture, Maya, Unity, C++, Python and Linux.
Rockstar Games is looking for a Tools Developer to work with our award-winning development team and help create and build upon the next generation of Motion Capture tools and pipeline. You will be working with a talented core team of passionate and committed individuals to work on some of the largest scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You will have the opportunity to build and develop new tools and pipelines used across all our studios in a friendly and inclusive environment where you can collaborate with some of the most accomplished and driven people in the industry.
WHAT WE DO
- Support the existing motion capture pipeline and all the studios that utilize it.
- Design and build tools for the entire Motion Capture pipeline, from pre-production planning to post-production to animation.
- Build new tools to improve efficiency and turnaround times.
- Research, spec out, and pitch new concepts and applications.
- Help to elevate our state-of-the-art Motion Capture pipelines by deeper integration and collaboration with other DCC packages and systems.
- Maintain and extend these systems based on input from development/production for both short term projects and longer term goals.
- Extend and create new tools and workflows for real-time visualization of performance capture.
- Collaborate with animators and production to develop efficient workflows and supporting tools.
- Develop software to enhance existing 2D/3D tracking solutions, image-based data capture, and motion re-targeting systems.
- Participate in discussions surrounding future workflow and tool development.
- Support and troubleshoot tools in a live production motion capture stage environment.
- 3+ years of Python experience, preferably in a Linux environment.
- An in-depth understanding of motion capture systems and the underpinning principal technologies involved.
- Ability to write custom tools for a motion capture animation pipeline.
- SQL, Mongo, or similar enterprise level database server experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with 3D animation and modeling software (MotionBuilder, Maya).
- Create custom tools and scripts to increase the productivity and efficiency of the production team.
- Ability to adapt to evolving tasks and priorities as directed by stage production requirements.
- Keep up to date with new technologies and continue to improve on the existing workflow.
- Experience working with both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Ability to communicate well with teammates from a wide variety of disciplines.
- Experience developing graphical user interfaces – ideally writing Qt GUIs in Python and/or C++.
- 3+ years of industry experience using motion capture technology.
- Passion for playing and making video games.
Job discovered on 3/12/2020