Position at Creative Assembly
This is an exciting opportunity for a Tools Programming to contribute to our Editors team on our Total War franchise here at Creative Assembly based at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
Working closely with content creators to drive forward the technology with which they work, you will have a good understanding of tools development and demonstrate great programming and communication skills.
As an experienced tools programmer, you will contribute new ideas to our development team and drive forwards the platform on which we develop our games.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Communicate with the team and understand the users’ requirements of new tools and features
- Design and implement changes in your tools as well as maintain existing features
- Write clean, reusable code and adhere to the company’s high-quality programming standards and development processes
You will join a team of nine other tools programmers whose focus is to develop and maintain editors for content creation. You will support multiple game projects at once and interact with a wide variety of users with different types of requirements, with the goal of providing a consistent and efficient user experience across the board.Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Solid C++ programming skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of software design patterns such as MVC and MVVM
- Good UX awareness
- Ability to translate user requirements into implementations that stand the test of time
- Experience in designing and implementing large systems
- Experience in GUI-heavy application design and development
- Experience in developing on Windows with Visual Studio
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
- Experience with the Qt framework
- Ability to communicate well with stakeholders and end-users
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.