DiG-iT! Games® is a Bethesda Maryland-based independent game studio focused on creating multi-generational, family-friendly mobile games and educational game-based learning products. Our games include Roterra™, a mobile puzzle game series that was recognized by Apple as Game of the Day twice. We are also a leader in social studies and archaeology-based educational games with our award-winning Excavate!™ series that was extensively used in the classroom during remote learning in 2020.
We are seeking a Senior Unity Game Developer to join our Bethesda studio. This person will share key responsibility in the development and integration of games for mobile and other platforms. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of game development, programmatic art/graphics, game platforms, code architecture, and best practices. This ideal developer candidate will have a senior level knowledge of Unity and C#, and ability to work in a small team environment.
DiG-iT! Games is currently operating in a hybrid work environment with a combination of remote work and in-person team meetings.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Write clear, maintainable code for cross-platform mobile and web games.
- Collaborate with producers, designers, artists, QA, and others to ensure games are responsive and engaging.
- Help estimate work, make effective tool choices, and process improvements, and identify and mitigate project risks.
- Improve content and build pipelines.
- Contribute to a culture of ownership and continual improvement through knowledge sharing and participation in agile development.
- Contribute to code documentation
Mentor and assist other developers to build their skills and maximize the quality of their work.
- Deep level of understanding of Unity and C#.
- 10 years of software experience preferred.
- 5 years’ experience working in Unity and game dev or comparable experience.
- Knowledge of graphics optimization and shaders in the Unity engine for mobile preferred.
- Ability to self-organize and lead development efforts.
- Experience developing for iOS and Android platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within a schedule in a dynamic environment.
- Fast learner of new technologies and features in the Unity engine.
- Passion for games; ideally mobile games
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as DiG-iT! Games does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time.
This is a full-time salaried position including a benefits package.
DiG-iT! Games is looking to hire a Unity Game Developer at their Bethesda, MD location. Job contains the tags Senior, Unity, C# and Programmer.
Job discovered on 9/15/2021