Lionheart Games is looking for an experienced VFX Artist with a strong desire to contribute to every creative aspect, and who knows what it means to take responsibility and deliver excellent results. You have the skills and knowledge to visualize how a game should look and feel, and you can translate that into a scalable and sustainable creative process.
Joining us means being part of a team with the passion and inherent drive to create innovative, high-performing games. We are intellectually curious and excited to apply the latest game development innovations to our projects. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of an entrepreneurial environment that embraces new and different ideas. Everyone at Lionheart Games is excited about creating the best mobile games possible, and we empower one another to learn and grow from our collective experiences. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your ingenuity, energy, collaboration, and dedication.
- Create and implement incredible visual effects that match an anime art style.
- Strong ability to develop gameplay and UI VFX for mobile games.
- Team up with non-art developers to build and improve our games, emphasizing results.
- Collaborate with external art developers abroad, reviewing and integrating their work.
- Understand and articulate the trade-offs between art and design, and solve for the best player experience.
- Keep up to date with industry-related artistic developments and harness that knowledge for the benefit of our games and teams.
- 5+ years of professional game development experience as a senior artist or art lead.
- Deep experience in creating, implementing, and optimizing VFX for mobile games, using timing, form,
lighting, weight, and more to create exciting moments in gameplay and UI interaction.
- Experience working with outsource partners as an integral and visually consistent part of the art pipeline.
- Great interpersonal skills; humility and respect when receiving comments from your team.
- Unreal Engine 4 and/or mobile game development experience.
- Passion for mobile games.
- IMPORTANT: For this position, you must submit a portfolio or demo reel showing relevant art direction and/or artistic skill. Additional artistic sampling (via test or other method) may be administered to final candidates.
- Strong knowledge of user interface design.
- 10+ years of applicable games industry experience.
- Experience creating and optimizing game art for mobile devices.
- Bilingual: Mandarin, Korean, or Japanese (both oral and written).
Lionheart Games is looking to hire a VFX Artist at their Atlanta, GA location. Job contains the tags Maya, Unreal, Photoshop, Animation, Art, Houdini, FX, AAA, Max, Senior, Lead, Cinema4D and Blender.
Job discovered on 11/6/2019